You are here
Join Our Team
Abrams Learning Trends is a Pre-K through Grade 5 publisher dedicated to providing educators with high-quality, differentiated supplemental solutions that target early learning, literacy, phonics, math, science, health and safety, and more. As a group of highly experienced, dedicated, and savvy business professionals and educational experts, our goal is to provide innovative tools that support teachers in meeting students’ needs amidst the busy, lively, and academically rigorous learning environments of today. We’re self-funded and profitable, and we’re growing!
Drop us a line if you are passionate about making a difference in classrooms with fresh, innovative solutions where quality is never compromised.
Be part of something bigger.
As an up and coming competitor in the marketplace, we're always looking for great people to join our team. Currently, we're actively seeking highly qualified sales and marketing candidates to fill the following positions. Interested? Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Don't see an available position that speaks to your passion? Email us anyway and share with us how your strengths and expertise can bring value to our team.
- Outbound Sales Development Representative
- Inbound Sales Development Representative (Coming Soon!)
- Independent Educational Sales Consultant
Are you a strategically minded, highly energetic sales professional? Do you have experience generating new business and sales opportunities through outbound prospecting? Then you might be the right person to join our team!
This salaried sales position is based in our home office in Austin, Texas, includes commission and benefits, reports to the EVP of Sales and Marketing, and works collaboratively with a variety of Inside and Outside Educational Sales Consultants to drive revenue.
The right candidate for this position will possess:
- An internal drive and sense of urgency to grow business.
- A tenacious spirit and charismatic personality.
- An ability to build and maintain relationships quickly across various buyer types.
- A desire to master educational sales including an ability to persist through a longer, more complex sales cycle.
- An ability to learn quickly, be self-directed, and be a self-starter.
Key responsibilities include:
- Developing a thorough understanding of assigned territories, specific market needs, and our solutions and services.
- Researching and identifying new target accounts in assigned territories based on customer profile data.
- Generating interest in our products and services by assessing customer needs and passionately communicating the benefits of our solutions.
- Nurturing prospective clients through the stages of the buyer's journey and qualifying leads.
- Handing off solid opportunities to the appropriate Sales Consultant to work and close.
Day-to-day activities include:
- Connecting with dozens of prospective customers each day, via phone, email, and social media.
- Communicating and presenting the features, advantages, and benefits of our solutions via phone, video, FaceTime, Skype, and webinars.
- Guiding prospective customers through the stages of the buyer's journey, including answering questions, providing resources to support the decision-making process, and helping to assess "right fit".
- Setting appointments and facilitating seamless hand-offs to the appropriate Sales Consultant.
- Analyzing sales history and customer data for assigned territories.
- Measuring the effectiveness of sales activities.
- Actively reflecting on one's own performance and continually identifying ways to exceed key performance indicators (incl. close rate, net revenue, and efficiency and productivity).
Critical requirements include:
- At least 2 years of Sales experience
- Experience in education and/or educational publishing (preferred)
- Warm yet confident phone presence
- Ability to build initial rapport quickly with customers via phone and email
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong listening and presentation skills
- Proficient in a variety of communication channels and tools (incl. email, social media, phone, webinars, etc...)
- Proficient in corporate productivity and web presentation tools (such as GoToMeeting, Join.Me, On24, etc...)
- Experience working with Salesforce.com or similar CRM
- Ability to solve problems by thinking analytically and creatively while working in a fast paced environment
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Ability to sustain focus for long periods of time
- Ability to alternatively sit and stand throughout an 8-hour period, and sometimes longer
This position may require travel, extended work hours, continuous interaction with internal and external customers, multiple priorities, and large work volumes.
Are you an Independent Educational Sales Consultant looking to expand your bookbag? Our line of solutions might be just the thing that you need to grow your business. To learn more about our products and open territories, send an email introducing yourself to email@example.com.