The first day of kindergarten is a big deal for little learners (and their parents)!Adjusting to new people and environments takes a lot of brain power—and that doesn’t even count all the new learning that today’s five-year-olds are expected to do. And for parents, tackling kindergarten readiness can come with a lot of uncertainty and nerves!
That’s why we developed Moving Up to Kindergarten—a fun learning resource that reinforces letter recognition, letter-sound correspondence, emergent reading, and emergent math skills.
Moving Up to Kindergarten is designed with:
- A 160-page activity book of games and activities covering each letter of the alphabet, plus foundational math concepts
- A 32-page full-color alphabet book featuring rhymes for each Letter Person
- An original song CD with a song for every letter of the alphabet, plus a read aloud version of the alphabet book
- Sturdy character pop-outs for each letter of the alphabet—both upper and lowercase
Who is it for?
Moving Up to Kindergarten is a flexible learning resource that helps incoming kindergarteners develop the basic skills they need for success on the first day.
- Owners and Directors of Pre-K Programs: A great Pre-K graduation gift, Moving Up to Kindergarten solidifies learning gains made during the Pre-K year, and ensures that students are well-prepared for the first day of K!
- Elementary Principals and Teachers: A great welcome gift to provide at Kindergarten Round-Up each Spring, Moving Up to Kindergarten gives you (and parents!) peace of mind as it fully prepares incoming kindergarteners with the basic skills they need for success on the first day.
- Parents: Moving Up to Kindergarten provides an easy-to-follow bank of activities that can be used during the months leading up to the first day of Kindergarten.
But why wait until spring? Moving Up to Kindergarten can be used year round and makes a great resource for:
- after school programs
- winter and spring breaks
- at home practice